Temporary Card

Library Card Types

Please choose a card type from the left to learn more about it.  If you aren't sure which card type you are eligible for, or have any questions about becoming a patron of our library, please contact the Circulation Desk at any library location.


Temporary cards are issued to:

  • students
  • visiting children
  • teachers
  • foreign exchange students
  • people in temporary housing or shelters
  • people who will only be in the area for a short period of time


Temporary patrons must plan on staying in our taxing district for at least 28 days.


An adult patron must show valid photo identification with his/her name and a current address on it. Acceptable photo ID's include:

  • Driver’s License
  • State ID
  • Student ID
  • Military ID
  • Passport
  • English Language ID issued by a foreign government

If the valid photo identification does not have the correct address, an additional form of identification listing the person's name and current address must be shown. Acceptable forms include:


  • a recently dated piece of mail or utility bill
  • a current pay stub, check book or bank statement, or
  • any current legal form which has the correct information on it.


Anyone under the age of 18 must have his/her parent, stepparent, legal guardian, or other responsible individual, such as a grandparent or host parent, complete a Child or Teen registration form and sign it in order to receive a library card. The parent, stepparent, legal guardian, or other responsible individual, such as a grandparent or host parent, signing must show a valid library card or valid photo identification.


A patron, or in the case of a minor the individual signing the registration, is responsible for all transactions and the use of library computers on his/her library record.


Students and teachers must show verification that they attend or teach in a school in KHCPL's taxing district.


People in temporary housing or shelters must have a letter from the institution stating that the individual will be allowed to reside at the temporary shelter. A Temporary Housing patron may only have up to five items on his/her card at any one time.


People in temporary housing because of work will need a letter from their employer stating they are residing in the taxing district.


All Temporary Cards are valid for one year.

New Website Testing

We are looking for testers for our new website and catalog

You can test out the new websites at the following links

New KHCPL Website

New KHCPL Catalog

Feedback can be directed to here